It is only acceptable to eat pumpkin-related foods during the Fall. I’ve been making this dessert for years and it’s always a success. Easy to make and utterly delicious, the Pumpkin Crunch will please your crowds’ taste buds. You can prepare and refrigerate the wet ingredients the day prior but I strongly suggest to bake this dessert in the same day you are serving it. Remember to let it cool down for 3-4 hours before serving it to your guests. The top layer has a delicious crunch and the bottom will have a sweet pie consistency. All together is a party in your mouth. Oh and while you bake it, your whole house will smell amazing!
1. Preheat your oven to 350º F.
2. Grease the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
3. Combine 2 cans of pumpkin, 1 can of evaporated milk, 3 eggs, 1½ cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (don’t be scared to add a little more!), and ½ teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to the pan.
4. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
5. Top with pecan halves.
6. Drizzle 1 cup of unsalted butter over pecans.
7. Bake at 350o F for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Cool. Serve with whipped topping (optional).