You are not into football but you feel somewhat excited about the Super Bowl – you have the commercials, the snacks, and the halftime show. Cooking is an important part of a successful Super Bowl party but also is drinking. The pantry is stocked up with cans of the golden wheat juice and yet, you don’t like beer – you want the real stuff. 30 minutes into the game and you’re already bored to tears. You ask yourself – “How will I survive this torture?” Fear not, football hater, I got your back.
The Movie and TV Trailers
The Super Bowl is one the biggest events for advertisement and movie production companies will have that one opportunity to impress the audience. There are many expectations and rumors on what movie and TV show trailers we might see but nothing has been confirmed. The predictions are:
- Avengers: Endgame (We want this)
- Captain Marvel (We want this too)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (Gimme gimme)
- Dark Phoenix (Yes, please)
- Shazam! (Holy Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury!)
- Brightburn (A superman horror movie? What?!)
- Star Wars: Episode IX (You got this, Rey)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (I miss my Sega Saturn)
- Alita: Battle Angel (For the cyberpunk in you)
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (This is going to be good)
- Detective Pikachu (If yellow rodent-like creatures is your thing)
- Aladdin 9 (A whole new worlddddddddddddd)
- Toy Story 4 (I miss you, Mr. Potato Head)
- The Lion King (Rooooar Roooar Rooar!)
- Frozen 2 (Will she let it go for good?)
- The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Love this movie!)
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Not sure about this one)
- It: Chapter Two (The perfect flick for people who suffers from coulrophobia *NOT*)
- Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (hmmmm…)
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (hmmm part 2…)
- Men in Black: International (Is that Thor?)
- Zombieland 2 (Blast from the past)
- Angry Birds Movie 2 (I love cranky birds)
- HBO: Game of Thrones (Winter is here y’all)
- Netflix: Stranger Things (This better justify that price hike)
Bitter beer? No, thanks. I’ll pass on that. Instead, take the opportunity to impress your guests (or yourself?) with a fruity, light, and delicious cocktail. No need to hire a professional bartender. These cocktails are simple to mix and easier to drink. Since we are celebrating a game day, let’s try going with the theme!
- Super Bowl Sipper (by www.wearenotmartha.com)
1 oz. Grenadine + 2 oz. Cranberry Juice + 1 ½ oz. Vodka + 3 oz. Blue Curacao + 5 oz. Sierra Mist.
Mix Grenadine and Cranberry Juice and shake well.
Pour into glass filled with ice.
Add Vodka and Blue Curacao in shaker and shake well.
Slowly pour the blue mixture over the red mixture on bottom. Top it off with Sierra Mist.
- Pre-Game Sangria (by www.smirnoff.com)
2 Cups of Smirnoff Ice Screwdriver + 2 Cups of Butterfly Kiss Pinot Grigio + Fresh Sliced Oranges, Cherries and Strawberries.
Mix and stir everything in a large pitcher.
- Super Bowl Slammer (by www.wineandglue.com)
12 oz. Dr. Pepper + 2 oz. Apple Flavored Whiskey + 2 oz. Grenadine
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into glasses filled with ice.
Halftime Royal Vanilla Whiskey Cocktail (by http://www.crownroyal.com)
1.2 cups Crown Royal Vanilla + 5 cups Orange Soda + Sliced Fruit and Mint
In a Pitcher, mix Crown Royal Vanilla and Orange Soda.
Top with Sliced Fruit and Mint.
- Red, White & Blue Shooter (by www.thefoodieaffair.com)
100% Pomegranate Juice + Club Soda with Blue Food Coloring + Pinnacle Whipper Cream Vodka + Whip Cream
Add a cube of ice to the shot glass.
Pour pomegranate juice, filling 1/3 of the glass.
Hold a spoon upside down over the ice and slowly let the Club Soda drizzle over the layer of juice.
Top it with Whipped Cream.
- Touchdown Cocktail (by www.twokidsandacoupon.com)
1 Part Melon Liqueur + 1 Part Apple Liqueur + ½ 7Up Mini Can
Add ice cubes into a glass.
Pour directly all the ingredients in the glass.
- Georgia Bulldogs Spiked Tea (by www.delish.com)
2 oz. Vodka + 12 oz. Sweet Tea
Mix Vodka and Sweet Tea.
Pour into a large glass filled with ice. Garnish with an orange slice (optional)
- Tipsy Wildcat (by www.haute-cocktail.com)
1 oz. Kentucky Bourbon + 1 oz. Southern Comfort + 2 oz. Sour Mix + Splash of Blue Curacao + 2 oz. Lemon-Lime Soda.
Mix. Stir. Serve.
- Firecracker (by www.budgetsavvydiva.com)
1.5 oz. Vodka + 1 oz. Lemon Juice + 1.5 oz. Blue Curacao + 1 oz. Grenadine + Splash of Simple Syrup
Prepare the syrup with ¼ cup of water + ¼ cup of sugar in sauce pan. Stir until all sugar is dissolve. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Fill a tall glass with ice.
Slowly add Grenadine.
Slowly add Blue Curacao.
Combine and shake Lemon Juice + Simple Syrup + Vodka.
Add mixture to the glass.
- BLT Cocktail (by www.bulleit.com)
1.3 oz. Bourbon + 4 oz. Tonic Water + a wedge of Lemon
Mix ingredients and pour into a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
The Puppy Bowl and The Kitten Bowl
If the Puppy or the Kitten Bowl is the closest thing of appreciating a football game, you are not alone. Grab your tablet or phone to watch Cannoli the Cat slay the competition or Pistachio the Team Ruff’s Maltese steal that ball like nobody’s business. Around the bowl, Chuck and Larry will be howling away their commentaries and the Kitty Halftime Show looks promising this year.
Puppy Bowl will air on Animal Planet channel on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 3 p.m. ET
Kitten Bowl will air on the Hallmark Channel on Sunday, Feb. 3, at 2 p.m. ET