‘Tis the season for sweet treats and great cooking. Preferably, great quick cooking. You will only need 10 minutes of your time to prepare delicious Portuguese milk tarts. Perfect for your Christmas or New Year’s party, these tarts are served at room temperature and can be left out all day. Top them off with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and indulge yourself with these sweet and soft tarts. Happy Holidays!!
1. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray or silicone cupcake molds.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Combine 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of flour.
4. Whisk in 4 beaten eggs, ½ cup of melted butter and 3 ¾ cups of milk.
5. Pour mixture into the greased muffin pan or silicone cupcake molds. I placed all my silicone molds in my muffin pan because it cooks better and evenly.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until you see the sides and top are golden brown.
Use this Digital Kitchen Timer Clock for your baking time! This clock features a 2.6 inch LCD screen with bold numbers with a loud and clear alarm that you won’t miss regardless what room your in. You can also choose from count up or a countdown setting. The pocket clip on the back of this mini timer makes it easy to take anywhere, where you need it: outdoors actives, gym, work, and kitchen. Take control of your precious time and avoid undercooking or overcooking your favorite dishes. This timer is a must have for all busy parents and cooks. Get it on Amazon for only $7.99.
7. Remove the tarts from muffin pan while they are hot. Use a knife to scrape the sides and lift the tarts from the pan. If you use a silicone mold, the tarts slip out very easily.
8. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture on the tarts.
9. Serve at room temperature.
Disclaimer: I was provided with the Digital Kitchen Timer Clock in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and not influenced by the developing company, and/or its affiliates, in any way.